ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Assistant Restaurant Manager at Ruex Cafe & Bar is to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations with other managers. This role is responsible for monitoring revenue and creating/modifying procedures under guidance from the CEO and Restaurant manager.
This role is also responsible for assisting the Restaurant Manager and all front of house staff as well as ensuring health and safety regulations are followed. Additional duties include participating in marketing planning, staff schedules, and addressing customer complaints
Along with a competitive salary, you will have access to full health and dental benefits, 3 weeks paid vacation and other company benefits.
We are looking for someone to take the reins of the front of house and bring their energy and leadership to a medium sized team.
This position will work very closely with the Restaurant Manager and Owner.
This position starts in July 2022
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor revenue and make adjustments as necessary
- Hire and train new employees
- Manage employee work schedules and monitor performance
- Provide excellent customer service and lead by example
- Foster a climate of cooperation and procedures well respect within kitchen and with front documented of house
- Bar/Coffee Management & Supply Ordering
- Comply with the by-laws that regulate restaurants within B.C.
- Adhere to BC regulations, policies, immediately procedures and systems relating to – Participation in health and safety
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- One – two years of related experience as a Barista
- You can hold your own in a fast-paced, high energy, team-based environment
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Possess strong communication skills with a genuine personality
- Ability to suggestively sell restaurant menu items, beverages and wines
- Able to stay calm under pressure, prioritize and synchronize the sequence of service
- Must be available evenings and weekends