ABOUT THE ROLE
A Host/Hostess is responsible for courteously greeting and escorting guests to tables and assist in seating. They assist in preparing the restaurant for service, liaise with incoming inquiries and bookings for larger parties and VIPs. Manage reservation bookings and ensure efficient seating of guests.
You MUST have a valid proof of Social Insurance Number, and be legal to work in Canada with proof as a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Residence or Valid Work Permit.
Along with a competitive salary, you will have access to full health and dental benefits and other company benefits. The hours for this position will vary by week depending on business needs.
This position starts in March 2022.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer outlet phone courteously and manage any customer inquiries
- Always maintain positive internal and external guest relations
- Takes pride in personal appearance and follows business grooming guidelines
- Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables and present menus
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- One – two years of related experience
- You can hold your own in a fast-paced, high energy, team-based environment
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Possess strong communication skills with a genuine personality
- Able to stay calm under pressure, prioritize and synchronize the sequence of service
- Must be available days and weekend mornings